The impact of welcoming a foster child into one's life is enormous. And while you may have compassion and believe the Bible calls us to care for such (Deut. 10:18; 24:19-21; Ps 10:18; Is 1:17), foster care may not be your niche or calling. There's another, practical way to both show compassion and participate in delivering justice -
The Care Portal. The Care Portal, run by our ministry partner Help One Child and part of a nationwide network, connects foster parent(s) who've just been assigned a new foster child to resources provided by us that they might not currently possess:
- Clothing for a 14 year old boy
- A twin sized mattress or bed frame
- A crib
- A car seat
How it works.
(1) Contact our church care portal coordinator, Melanie, to sign up (firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-285-7063).
(2) Receive Requests. After registering, you can either (a) access the portal on your own or (b) receive request/need emails from our Sonoma County area.
(3) Respond if you feel you can fulfill the need or know some others who may want to join in with you.